ImmsBC has multiple App areas to perform different functions, so learning to navigate the system takes some adjustment for the user.
As of May 9, 2023 there are two live log in environments. One for ImmsBC Admin users and one for Clerks and Clinician users. The two environments have different user interfaces and the ImmsBC Admin environment will have more functionality. See summary of differences in the New ImmsBC Experience
Contents on this page:
Navigate to the Clinic in a Box App
The Clinic in a Box application is used primarily to set your pharmacy clinic/vaccine/MACS details and create appointment schedules, Only ImmsBC Admin users have access to this application.
1. To navigate to Clinic in a Box, click on the app launcher in the upper left and then click on Clinic in a Box from the drop down menu.
2. To navigate to your pharmacy clinic profile, type in your pharmacy name in the global search bar (shown below) and find your pharmacy’s profile (not their supply location). In the example below we are searching for “Asher pharmacy”.
Navigate to the In-Clinic Experience App
The In-Clinic Experience app allows you to perform in-clinic activities, such as checking in citizens.
- Click on the App Launcher icon.
- Click on the In-Clinic Experience app link under Apps. The Home Page of In-Clinic Experience app will display.
Navigate to the Health Connect – Supply Console App
The Health Connect-Supply Console allows you to perform inventory management activities, such as setting up supply locations, supply items, and receiving supplies. The BCVAX Supply Management permission set (Support or Lead) is needed to use this app.
- Click on the App Launcher.
- Click on Health Connect – Supply Console under Apps
- One of the items within the Health Connect – Supply Console app displays (E.g. Supply Locations as shown in the screen shot).
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Supply Items or Supply Locations depending on what you need to view.
** Use the Global Search bar to find your pharmacy**
For both Supply Items and Supply Locations, you can filter the list by All or Recently Viewed records. E.g. for Supply Locations:
- Click the drop-down arrow.
- Select All to view the list of all the Supply Locations records.
- Select Recently Viewed to view only the records you viewed recently.
**This List view can only show 2000 records; therefore it is recommended to search for the Supply Location using the Global Search Bar**
Searching a Client’s Profile in ImmsBC
Search: Use the global search bar to search for profiles, contacts, appointments, etc.
- To search for a citizen’s profile, enter the client’s first name/last name/registration confirmation number/PHN in the Search field and press the Enter key
- Click on Profiles on the Search Results panel on the left. You may see multiple profile records with the same PHN. To identify the correct record for the client,
- Filter out the inactive ones by selecting Yes in the Active field under Refine By .
- Make sure the client’s Name and Birthdate are matching.
- Select Yes in the EMPI Validated field to have only the EMPI validated record(s).
- If there are still multiple records, select the latest updated record based on the Last Modified Date, and click on the corresponding Profile Name link. The client’s Person Account page will display.
Overview of a Client’s Profile
1. Once you navigate to the Client’s Profile, you can view the following:
The top banner shows key information, including: PHN, Birthdate, Preferred Communication Channel, Registration Confirmation Number, EMPI verified/unverified status and number of Client Alerts that are Active.
If there is an alert on a client’s account, it shows on the top banner.
When a person's account is archived, a banner appears that says "This Person Account is Archived and not in use. “
When a person's account is inactive, the banner appears and says "This record is inactive. It may contain clinical data for your review.”
If the Clients profile is not linked to a PIR record and is EMPI verified, the above warning message will appear. Users can click on the “x” or “Cancel” button to proceed.
2. The Details tab shows you the client’s demographic information and contact details, such as:
- Preferred Name
- PHN Number
- Address Details
- Indigenous options
- Contact Information
- Registration Details
- Covid-19 Immunization Forecast
3. The “Add Note” button allows you to record clinical, clerical and system support information that relates to a Person Account and occurs outside of an appointment/immunization event.
- The Client Information section displays.
- The Created by and Designation is autopopulated.
- Select the Transcribed for Option.
- Select Date and Time.
- In the notes section, select the note type from the drop-down list (ImmsBC Provider, System Support or Clerical). Input the Subject Line and the Note text.
- Click on Save to save the note or Save and New to save the note and add a new note.
4. Verify PHN button allows the client’s PHN to be verified. If the PIR Account associated with the PIR ID (EMPI) field value is already linked to an ImmsBC Person Account, an error message displays.
5. Refresh Forecast button allows the Immunization forecast from PIR to be refreshed.
**If the PHN field is empty for the Person Account, the follow message displays when Refresh Forecast button is clicked on: "Forecast was not updated as there is no PHN on this record."
6. The Check-in Client button allows the citizen to be checked-in at a clinic.
**The Check-in button only appears if the client is registered in ImmsBC and does not have a booked appointment.
7. The Override PIR Account link button can be used to re-enter a PIR ID for a PIR Account.
**Enter the Clients PIR ID and click on Submit to relink their person account to that ID. Once submitting, a link between the PIR Account an ImmsBC Person Account is established.
**Please note that this option can only be accessed by ImmsBC Admins and ImmsBC system administrators.
8. The PIR Agent Forecast section indicates these fields: PIR Agent Forecast Name, Recommended Date, Minimum Date, Forecasted Dose, Agent, Trade for the Client.
9. The Activity section shows client’s activities.
Overview of a Client’s Profile – Preferred Communication Channel
In the Contact Information section, the Preferred Communication Channel field is automatically set only when the client creates/edits the record through the citizen portal, or when an ImmsBC user saves the record with a blank Preferred Communications Channel.
- Set the Preferred Communication Channel by clicking on the edit icon, selecting the desired option (Phone/Email/SMS/Email & Text Messages) and clicking on the Save button.
- After selecting the Preferred Communication Channel, leaving the corresponding field(s) blank will leave you an error message after clicking the Save button (e.g. select Email but leave the email field blank).
In the Contact Information section, note that there is a Suspend Communications Indefinitely checkbox and a Suspend Communications Until date field.
- ImmsBC Admins can edit these fields. Clerks or Clinicians have read-only access for these fields. If any of these fields is populated when the Person Account is eligible to receive communication (registration confirmation, booking invitation, booking confirmation, booking reminder, etc.), then no communication is sent to the client through ImmsBC. Once the date specified in the Suspend Communications Until field is elapsed, then the Person Account receives communications again and the field is blank.
- If the Suspend Communication Indefinitely checkbox is checked, and the Suspend Communications Until field is populated, an error displays when the Save button is clicked. Suspended communications are shown as a warning icon in the ICE app on the client details panel (left of the screen).
Overview of a Client’s Profile – Related Tab
The Related tab contains information about immunization records.
Creating an alert on a Client’s Profile
To create an alert on a client’s account, use the following steps:
1. In the Alerts section of the Related Tab, click on New
2. Type in the Alert Name
3. Include the Effective From Date
4. Include the Effective To Date. If left blank the alert will not expire
5. Include the Type of Alert. The alert types are:
- Sensitive Record
- Safety concern for client
- Safety concern for Staff
The alert name will be auto-populated with a system ID when creating the alert.
6. Include Alert Message.
7. Click Save.
Searching a Client’s Appointment Record in ImmsBC
To search a client’s appointment record:
- Enter the client’s Booking Confirmation Number (e.g., B-YJIKGM66) in the Search field and press the Enter key. You may see no results on the screen.
- Click on Appointments on the Search Results panel on the leftClick on the Appointment Code link and the appointment page will display.
Filtering a List of Search Results in ImmsBC
To filter a list of search results, for example, a list of Recently Viewed Profiles, you can do the following:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Recently Viewed and select your desired list option.
- Click the Pin icon to pin the list to the current view so that the current view displays every time you visit the Profiles page.
- Click the up-down arrow on each column name in the table to view the list in ascending or descending orders.
Change the way lists are displayed
E.g. to change table view to split view, do the following:
- Click on the table icon and select Split View to display the list in split screen view. **The list displays in Split View; you can change it back to Table view by clicking on the table icon again.**
- Click on the small arrow icon on the right bar of the split view to collapse and expand the view.
Notifications and Logging Out of ImmsBC
- Any notifications for ImmsBC users are displayed in an orange notification banner at the top of the screen (e.g. unplanned downtime).
- Log Out: Click on the profile icon and click on Log Out to log out of ImmsBC. **If the system is inactive for 30 minutes, you will be logged automatically logged out of the system.**
ImmsBC Admin Users
- ImmsBC Basic Navigation: ImmsBC User Guide (as of Aug. 24, 2022)
- ImmsBC: How to Set Up User Defaults in ImmsBC (as of Aug. 25, 2022)
ImmsBC Clerks and Clinician Users
- Basic Navigation in the New ImmsBC Experience Video
- ImmsBC General Overview (video, Apr. 4, 2023) -- discusses basic navigation in the New ImmsBC for Clerks and Clinicians and provides an overview for novice users with emphasis on the global header bar, client list and home screen
- Setting User Defaults (video, as of Apr. 4, 2023)
Differences between ImmsBC portals: ImmsBC for Clerks & Clinicians vs. ImmsBC for Imms Admins
The following video discusses basic navigation in the New ImmsBC for Clerks and Clinicians and provides an overview for novice users with emphasis on the global header bar, client list and home screen.