At the end of each day, pharmacies must close any “incomplete”, “cancelled” or “missed” vaccination appointments in ImmsBC.
MACS appointments in ImmsBC do not need to be "completed". At the end of each day all MACS appointments will be automatically closed.
Cancelling an Appointment
1. Ask for and enter the client's Booking Confirmation Number in the Search field and press the Enter key. You can also search by First and Last Name, PHN or Registration Confirmation Number.
2. Click on Show More in the Search Results panel to the left.
3. Click on Appointments and click the Appointment Code. Record will display.
4. On the newly opened page, you will note that the Status of the appointment is Confirmed.
5. Click on the Cancel Appointment button on the right side of the screen. You must not change the Status to Cancelled manually and must use the Cancel Appointment button, otherwise the appointment spot won't be freed for someone else to book.
6. Click Yes in the pop-up box to confirm the cancellation.
7. Click Close Window. The Status of the appointment will now be updated to Cancelled.
Rescheduling an Appointment
To reschedule an appointment, navigate to the Appointment Scheduling tab in the client's profile. Search for a new appointment. When you have confirmed a new appointment, the original appointment will be automatically cancelled. You will see a yellow warning at the top of the page. Once the new appointment is booked the client will receive a confirmation of the new appointment and a cancellation notice for the old appointment, both via their preferred communication channel.
For further details, please refer to the How to Reschedule/Cancel an Appointment in a Clinic guide.
Deleting immunization record errors
Users with an ImmsBC Admin role can now set the status of a completed or partially completed Immunization Record that has been entered in ImmsBC by mistake to “Entered in Error”. This will create a flag to have the record removed from both ImmsBC and the client’s Provincial Immunization Registry (PIR). It will take a few business days for the switch to take place. Common scenarios where this may apply include when the wrong agent was selected, when a record was created but no vaccination given, or a duplicate record was created inadvertently. These types of entry errors no longer have to be escalated to BCPhA for deletion.
To set a completed record to EIE follow the steps below:
- Bring up the client’s profile in ImmsBC (either in ICE or CIB).
- Go the “Related” tab in the client’s profile.
- Under Immunization Records find the record that requires correction.
- Click on the Immunization Record number hyperlink.
- Click the “Update to Entered in Error” button.
For additional details see ImmsBC User Guide: Error Management – Entered in Error Guide for ImmsBC Admin Role.
If a record is partially completed in vaccine administration and requires deferral since, after consultation, the client decides not to get the vaccine at that time, see ImmsBC user guide on deferring an immunization in ImmsBC located in How to Manage Clinic Day Procedures in ImmsBC.
Please note: do not use the “historical immunization” function nor the "Create Immunization Record" function. Recently these functions have been used incorrectly by many pharmacies leading to the need for the correction of a significant number of records. Where an immunization record was not created in ImmsBC please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For immunization records created in the past that require correction, set your “user defaults” to the date of that past appointment and enter any corrections into the vaccination record in ICE. Enter a Comment to indicate the information has been updated.
Changing confirmed appointments in the past to missed appointments
In the event where there are several appointments that have been missed, but still appear in the Confirmed Appointment List, you will be able to transfer multiple records to the Missed Appointments List.
1. Click on the App Launcher, select Clinic in a Box (IPM).
2. Within the Clinic in a Box app, click on the drop down list next to the Home button.
3. Select Appointments.
4. The Appointment list will default to Recently Viewed. Click on the drop-down button next to Recently Viewed.
5. Select Confirmed Appointments Past.
6. The Confirmed Appointments Past list shows the appointments that were confirmed, but the clients have not been vaccinated. To re-categorize these appointments as Missed appointments select all the appointments you would like to change to Missed Appointments, by clicking on the check box on the left of the client’s name. You can select multiple clients at once.
7. Click on Update Appointment Status.
8. Click on the drop-down box under Status Mass Update.
9. Select Missed.
10. Click Save. A validation box will appear, where you will need to confirm that you would like to update the records.
11. Click OK. You will see a Success Banner confirming the Status has been updated.
Correcting Immunization Record Details
If a record is stuck in the ICE Vaccine Administration pathway or is complete, but requires a change in some of its details (e.g. provider, lot number, injection site etc.) follow the steps below:
- Set your user default date to the date of the appointment/service
- Bring up the client’s profile in ImmsBC (either in ICE or CIB)
- Go to the “Related” tab in the client’s profile
- Under Immunization Records find the record that requires correction
- Click on the “Go to In-Clinic Experience” button
- Edits the details as necessary
- Confirm and update the record (enter a reason for the update)
Please note: you cannot change the “Vaccine Agent” and “Date of Administration” for a completed record. If a record requires deletion follow the instructions for Deleting Immunization Record Errors above.