Independent & banner pharmacies who missed enrolment deadline still eligible for fall flu/COVID-19 vaccination campaign
Updated: Oct. 3 2023
Independent and banner pharmacies who missed the August 11, 2023 enrolment deadline can still enrol, but will not be included with the first shipment of flu vaccines,. They will still be able to participate in subsequent weeks.
- Banner and independent pharmacies must complete the enrolment form. Pharmacy chains: please do not complete the form as we will be contacting your head office for enrollment.
- ImmsBC is required for participation. Pharmacies not already enrolled please enroll for ImmsBC access. Please see below.
- Pharmacies with existing ImmsBC access must reconcile their ImmsBC vaccine inventory as soon as possible.
- Pharmacies will receive information about their estimated flu vaccine allocations by email and fax and will be required to confirm the allocations on another online form within 2 weeks of receipt of that communication.
- A list of ImmsBC users enrolled under your pharmacy will also be provided and pharmacies will be required to review and update the list of users.
Due to limited supply at the start of the campaign the first few shipments of COVID-19 vaccine will be allocated. Subsequently we anticipate moving back to a weekly ordering cadence.
Please complete the Fall influenza and COVID-19 Vaccine enrolment form as soon as possible.
Upgrades to the ImmsBC system are also underway for multi-service booking. A webinar on 2023/2024 COVID-19 and influenza campaign updates takes place on October 4 from 6 to 7 p.m. A recording will be made available shortly thereafter.
All pharmacies providing publicly funded influenza vaccines are required to use ImmsBC to manage all aspects of the administration of flu and COVID-19 vaccines to British Columbians.
ImmsBC is used for scheduling, managing appointments, entering vaccine records and inventory. Patients are able to see if your pharmacy provides influenza vaccines, COVID-19 vaccines or both vaccination types prior to booking.
For pharmacies currently enrolled in ImmsBC, no action is required.
For pharmacies not currently using ImmsBC, please register your pharmacy for ImmsBC access. Before submitting your registration for ImmsBC access, the following two steps must be completed:
- Step 1: CareConnect Privacy and Security Agreement: Your pharmacy must submit the CareConnect Privacy and Security Agreement. Please allow for 1-2 weeks for completion. Click here to get started.
- Step 2: ImmsBC Account Spreadsheet Listing: A detailed list of each individual in your pharmacy needing access to ImmsBC must be submitted. Download and complete the following template. All yellow highlighted fields must be completed for each person in your pharmacy needing access to the system. Each individual will have their own login that cannot be shared with others.