15 minute supervision post injection
Patients are to remain in a supervised area for a 15-minute observation period after their injection.
If there are concerns about a possible allergy, they should be observed for 30 minutes.
- Provide/discuss with the patient either general Immunization Aftercare Sheets or the COVID-19 Vaccination Aftercare Sheet, both developed by ImmunizeBC.
- Provide the patient a record of immunization, as per PharmaCare policy manual section 8.10.
- ImmunizeBC vaccination cards can be ordered by emailing the completed form to email@example.com, with subject “ImmunizeBC cards”
- Encourage patients to sign up to Health Gateway to access their immunization record online.
- Record any intervention or adverse effect into ImmsBC system.