Pending vaccine availability, LTC/AL residents may begin to receive influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations before official coordinated campaign start date.
Procuring vaccine inventory
Influenza inventory (FluzoneHD) and COVID-19 vaccines for use in long term care and assisted living facilities must be procured from the Health Authority. In most cases the Health Authority will work with the facility to determine the number of doses needed and either the facility or pharmacy will pick-up the vaccine. Pharmacies should confirm with each facility they are servicing what the process is for procuring the vaccines.
ImmsBC inventory transfers for LTC/AL facilities
For the 2023/24 COVID-19/Influenza vaccination campaign the process for inventory transfers is changing.
To create inventory you are using for an LTC or AL facility follow the instructions below:
This process is only to be used for LTC/AL inventory. For inventory received from your distributor please follow the normal inventory reception process.
- Go into “Health Connect – Supply Console”
- Open your pharmacy’s ImmsBC Supply Location Profile
- To the right of your Supply Location name, you will see the buttons “Create Requisition/Return”, click on downwards facing arrow and select “Receive Supplies”
- Complete the pop-up screen with the appropriate vaccine information
- Ensure you select the correct product and lot number
- For the Quantity you can enter either the exact number of doses to be used or enter “1” and adjust the inventory afterwards
- For the “Reason for Reception” select LTC/AL inventory
- You can now proceed with entering vaccination records using this new inventory.
If you require assistance please contact email@example.com or call 1 (800) 663-2840, press 5 for Immunization Support.
Vaccine record entry for LTC/AL facilities
Important notes when completing vaccination records at an LTC/AL facility:
- When completing vaccination records in the ICE application of ImmsBC please ensure that your user default “Clinic Location” is set to your pharmacy location and not that facility. If it is set to the facility, your pharmacy will not be paid.
- In the “Reason for Immunization” please select either C19 AL Resident, C19 LTC Resident, C19 AL Staff or C19 LTC Staff as appropriate.